The classic teachings of yoga are about the mind. This point is sometimes forgotten in modern postural yoga. Sage Maharishi Patanjali compiled the Yoga Sutra some 2000 years ago to share the wisdom of the Vedic teachings with all of humanity.
The teachings of the Sutra are as important today as they were then. They inform how you connect with your higher purpose and Self.
Patanjali`s Yoga Sutras teach you to resolve the stuff that clutters your mind keeping you lost, confused and unhappy.
Understanding that the mind makes a better servant than master is a great starting point to your journey of self mastery. It’s a good starting point to understanding these teachings.
This workshop provides 20 credits to your 200-hour yoga training and teacher certification.
What you’ll learn at Yoga Sutras – ancient teachings, modern application:
- history and context of the Yoga Sutras
- the definition of yoga according to the Yoga Sutras
- the three approaches to “yoga” articulated in the Sutras
- the main obstacles of the mind and how to overcome them
- practices to embody these teachings
We look forward to seeing you!